However, it is not that easy to save the video from Twitter, instead you have to save the URL for the tweet. However, there are a few ways you can download just the video as well. We have prepared a step-by-step guide on how you can download videos from Twitter.
To download videos from Twitter, you need to open the website on a desktop browser. There is no direct way to download videos from Twitter itself. But there are many websites that help you do this. We tried SaveTweetVid and TwitterVideoDownloader and we can say that these sites work.
how to download video from twitter
- Go to Twitter in your desktop browser.
- Find the video you want to download.
- Click on the Tweet that contains the video.
- You can either copy the Tweet URL or right click on the video and select copy video address can select.
- Now savetweetvideo or TwitterVideoDownloader go for
- Paste the copied URL or address in the space provided on the website. It should be a text bar with a download be button.
- Now download click on
- Both the websites will give you a choice of quality to choose from. These may vary depending on the video.
- Here you can right click on the download button next to the quality of your choice and select ‘Save link as’. (save Link As) can be clicked.
- Alternatively, you can click on the download button and the video will start playing in fullscreen. Right click on the video and save video as (save video as) Click. Also if you are using chrome then ‘Ctrl + SClick on ‘.
- The next window should appear showing that you are trying to save an mp4 file. Select the location where you want to save/download the video and click on Save.
The Twitter video you want to download will appear as an mp4 file in the location you choose. You can then watch the video through any app that supports the mp4 format.